EMT/Trauma shears are a type of scissors used by paramedics and other emergency medical personnel to quickly and safely cut clothing from injured people. They consist of a plastic handle with a metal blade and are designed exclusively for external use and are not suitable for surgical or invasive procedures.
- Cuts through strong materials such as car seat belts, denim, and even thin metal
- The wide, blunt tip is designed to slide across skin
- Minimizes the risk of injuring the patient while cutting clothing due to the wide tip
- Increasingly being used by fishermen, soldiers and scuba divers as safer alternatives to knives
- Compatible with XShears Holster